Do Lip Plumpers Really Work?
By Aiman Khalid, @aimzfolio on Instagram & blogger at aimzfolio.com
Ahh, to get those Angelina Jolie bee-stung lips! With Insta gurus flaunting those fuller lips using fillers, people who aren’t blessed with plumped lips are running to lip surgeons. But fillers always come with side effects.
Thanks to lip plumping products, we can all get the feel of bigger lips without undergoing the needle!
But do these products really work?
Do lip plumpers really work?
Yes, they do! Lol that seems like a simple answer, but I tested a bunch of lip plumpers like Plump It!, and the results were instantly plumped and beautiful lips.
Click here to see for yourself.
How do lip plumpers work?
Remember the last time you had spicy food, how your lips tingled? Well, that is what these lip plumping products contain; ingredients like cinnamon, ginger mint, wintergreen, menthol or capsicum.
These fiery ingredients that are actually found in our kitchens creates a reaction enhancing micro – circulation and boost the blood flow to the lips making your pout a lot sexier. Now you know what causes that tingle!
How do you use lip plumpers effectively?
Now you know lip plumpers work and completely safe to use with no side effects, there are still a few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure to prep and prime your lips before using any lip plumper. Use a lip collagen mask to moisturize and hydrate your beautiful natural lips.
- Since lip plumpers work by creating a sensation/reaction inside the lips, according to scientists once our bodies get used to these sensations the ingredients become less effective, so you may have to gradually increase the amount you use.
- These lip plumpers are not a permanent solution, but are still good for a few hours. Luckily you can reapply as often as you like!
- Using too much of these lip plumpers may lead to dryness, so after care with a good lip balm is a must.
How do you get the perfect pout?
There is a very simple method to use a lip plumper in order to get a perfect pout:
- Use a lip collagen mask to prep, and exfoliate to prevent your lips from scaling.
- When using Plump It!, click once for a more natural plump. Click twice for a more pucker pout. Click thrice for those Kylie Jenner fuller lips.
- Apply a lip balm to moisturize.
- Use any lipstick or a gloss (if you’re craving more pout ;) )
And there you have it! Now you can flaunt those plumped up lips with your squad in no time.